Menards NHRA Nationals
Heartland Motorsports Park
August 12 - 14, 2022
● Earned No. 7 provisional qualifying position in Q1 on Friday (3.804 ET at 316.97 mph).
● Maintained No. 7 qualifying position from Q1. Pruett’s Q2 run on Saturday was 3.880 ET at 317.12 mph.
● Secured No. 7 qualifying position based off Friday’s Q1 run. In Q3 on Saturday, Pruett ran 3.834 ET at 315.64 mph.
● Advanced to Round 2 on Sunday:
● Round 1: 4.161 ET at 264.70 mph, defeated Doug Foley (5.149 ET at 139.75 mph).
● Round 2: 4.810 ET at 225.26 mph, lost to Justin Ashley (3.843 ET at 317.57 mph).
● Currently sixth in the Top Fuel championship standings, 396 points behind leader Brittany Force.
● At 140 degrees Fahrenheit, this weekend’s Menards NHRA Nationals presented by PetArmor at Heartland Motorsports Park in Topeka, Kansas, was home to the hottest track conditions the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series has endured this season.
● Pruett’s Round 2 appearance maintained her sixth-place standing in points with two races remaining before the six-event Countdown to the Championship begins with the Pep Boys NHRA Nationals Sept. 15-18 at Maple Grove Raceway in Mohnton, Pennsylvania.
● Pruett’s Top Fuel dragster featured a Mopar 85th Anniversary scheme, which will also be highlighted during next weekend’s NHRA Nationals at Brainerd (Minn.) International Raceway.
Contact: Ashley Wilson, (303) 594-8147, Ashley.Wilson@TrueSpeedCommunication.com